Well, by some miracle I have completed my 1L year. It was a whirlwind of hard work, frustration, and spiritual, emotional and physical challenges... all made bearable by my dear family, friends and faith. So, hats off to y'all for being there for me! I am so grateful to still be here instead of at Notre Dame or Texas all by myself!
Exams went. How they went, time will tell (although I wish I didn't have to find out). I feel okay about three of them. But Civ. Pro. Oh, Civ. Pro. We'll see.
Now I'm in the middle of the Write-On competition to *hopefully* get onto a law journal next year.
Once that finishes, it's off to see my family for a week and then back here to begin my internship with the Public Defender and research assistant position for an IP professor.
I am excited for summer for many reasons, but most of all to see what God has up His sleeve! This year has been surprising in so many ways, and I'm still chugging along and trying to trust in Him for everything. I think I'll have some pretty crazy work experiences and hopefully learn a lot. I'll be able to spend a lot of time with friends (no homework!) and the thing about Nashville is there is ALWAYS a party. We aren't called Music City for nothing.
Summer Highlights:
- Seeing my family
- Celebrating my grandfather's 90th birthday
- Work 4 days a week (yeah, 3 day weekends!)
- No homework
- Swing dancing in the park
- Friend-time
- Friends' wedding
- Moving into a beautiful new apartment
- Reading books for fun
- Exploring Crim. and Copyright
- Live music all the time
- Learning the guitar (Thanks, Stine!)
- Practicing piano
- Creative writing
- Europe + World Youth Day in August
So, let's go! One step at a time. One moment at a time. +JMJ+
No comments:
Post a Comment