"I am sure it is a great mistake always to know enough to go in when it rains. One may keep snug and dry by such knowledge, but one misses a world of loveliness." -Adeline Knapp
Have you ever watched the rain? I did tonight as I stood washing dishes at my kitchen sink. A semi-sheer white sheet streamed from the infinitely gray sky to the ground. The grass looked muted, my neighbor's house look muted, everything looked muted. Quiet. Except for the rain. It was lovely. I decided that a thunderstorm is nature's ironic mute button. It is so powerful and consuming that everything else fades in comparison.
Standing at that window by the sink, I could finally catch my breath from the day's long studies and classes. The rain. The rain. The rain. It was washing everything, even the back corners of my mind.
I hope it keeps raining through tonight.
I love falling asleep to the roll of thunder and the pitter-patter of rain drops. It's a comforting symphony. Nature sings us all to sleep with her deep voice. Think about it. When it's not raining we hear the crunch of wheels on pavement, the tinny noise of radio music or nothing at all.
I do not think any of those are more desirable than the rain. Do you?
"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain." -Author Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment