Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Don't Eat the Apple, Eve

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference..."

I keep getting beat over the head with the same message: Let go and let God.

Yesterday at approximately 5:40 p.m. I finally got my car back from the body shop. Yesterday sometime between 7:00 and 9:00 p.m. my computer crashed.

With one week to go before exams start, that was... to say the least... very bad.

I spent most of my morning in the Apple store and was given an expected "all-better" date of three to five days.  Unacceptable when there is studying, outlining and note-taking left to be done.  I was planning on buying a new computer anyway, so that's what I did. I've got a brand new spiffy MacBook Pro.  Whoo hoo!

In other good news... the Apple geniuses surprised themselves (and me) and fixed my old computer in less than 24 hours.  I picked it up before closing tonight and now my two lovely computers are having a data-transfer date.

Thank you for praying for me, St. Jude.  I really am a hopeless case.

So here I go... again.  Surrendering... again.  How appropriate that it's Holy Week.  May my suffering be united with Christ's Passion.  And may my semester grades be joined with his Resurrection and Ascension.

"...Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will; That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him forever in the next." -Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment