Sunday, October 17, 2010

Words, Words, Words

Books I am currently reading:


1. I Believe in Love by Fr. Jean C.J. D'Elbee.  A spiritual classic, and from what I've heard from friends, life-changing.
2. The Man Who Was Thursday by GK Chesterton.  A nightmare, a mystery and a whole lot of wisdom.
3. The Moral Compass of the American Lawyer by Richard Zitrin and Carol Langford.  An examination of the moral dilemmas that lawyers face.


I encourage you to read all three (yes, Moral Compass included even if you're not a lawyer).


Reflections will be posted on my readings in the future.


For now, I'm off to hear some great Cajun music.


An addition: What I just finished reading: A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway.  Summed up in a quote from the book: "Do not worry. You have always written before and you will write now. All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know." (22)

No comments:

Post a Comment